Toddler Dies of Burns Suffered in Apartment Fire
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — A Billings toddler who suffered severe burns in an Aug. 8 fire has died at the Salt Lake City Burn Center.
Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Wilets tells The Associated Press reports that 18-month-old Jazimine Koch died Tuesday.
Billings police say Jazimine was with her four brothers, ages 2 through 9, while they played with a lighter in a bedroom closet. Police and fire officials say material in the closet — likely plastic — caught fire and fell on the children.
Three of the four boys were treated at a Billings hospital for minor burns.